Thursday 16 October 2014

Comfort

It never rains but it pours, I've had some bad news today about a family member, and needed something simple to seek comfort in. And to take my mind off things. So in a moment of madness I added the last two triangles to the quilt I've been doing for the past three years. 


It maybe took me 15-20 minutes to add those last two triangles?

The entire quilt top is done using English paper piecing, and guys I know it ain't pretty. In fact I'd probably go as far as to say it's the most hideous quilt top I've ever seen, but it is full of memories. 


Work shirts 
Party dresses
Baby shirts
Grown up shirts


Its going to be the official poorly quilt, and will be perfect for telling stories to little Knitwit for when he isn't feeling his best. 

I even got round to sandwiching it today, which I did in my usual slapdash manner. 


Either way some simple sewing definitely helped today. 

And me and little Knitwit did some baking today! 

Here he is stirring flapjack mixture


And licking the bowl 


With enthusiasm 


And washing up! Stood on a bucket! 

This little guy makes every day special! 

Much love

Frankie

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x