Monday 7 December 2015

The first thing I ever sewed

This is Dolly, and she is the first thing I ever sewed. She made from one of my dads old work shirts and I think is stuffed with bits of shirt as well! I think I made her when I was about 4/5 with help and guidance from my mum.


From what I can remember the face is sewn on using some of the threads from one of those hotel sewing kits.


Its a cracking face isn't it? i really like the wonky eyes adds character!


That and the huge stitches I used to attach the legs!! 


And the fact that I didn't even use a matching colour thread on this arm!


Its kind of weird to think that this is the first thing I made, the first thing that I cut up and sewed together.

Much Love

Frankie

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I shall expect her to be returned next time I see you she's very precious to me.

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x