Monday 9 March 2015

The Phoenix from the ashes!

I remade my Robert dress! Into a pencil skirt! 

Please prepare yourself for some awkward posing! 


I used the pencil skirt pattern from the second sewing bee book. But added a suede waistband. 


I also added a good couple if inches to the front panels (which I cut separately) so I could make a front button placket! And omitted the zip. (Read: I didn't have a brown zip)


I had to squeeze the pattern peices onto the fabric hence the waistband and the suede panel that I attached to the bottom and topstitched. 


Still not sure have that blooming back vent is supposed to work though! Stupid instructions! I really should google it, anybody have any ideas how the vent for this pattern works? 


This one seems to fit better than my blue version, probably because it's not a stretch fabric. The buttons are vintage, my lovely momma brought me back a big bag of brown buttons from a vintage fair she went to recently. All my buttonholes went in easy bar one, that one is a wonky  mess but seen as I don't plan on wearing this with the buttons undone I don't see it as a major issue, and after unpicking it twice I wasn't going to torture mysf once more for the sake of a bit of wonky ness.


I lined the waistband with a pretty heinous scrap of quilting cotton, it's peeking out though so some top stitching might be required. 


I think I like it, I'm not sure if it reminds me of something of the late eighties early nighties? 

I'm not in love with it but I don't hate it? 

Let's put it this way, I like it much better than what it previously was (Robert dress) but I don't like it as much as my delphine skirt in the same fabric, then again I didn't like that in the beggining! 

Much love

Frankie

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x