Now sadly I've got no pictures of the altering process, but I'll definitely take some when I make my next one!
First a got my pattern pieces and added about a foot and a half in length.
Then I altered my collar peice so I'd have a round collar not a point one (FYI, I prefer the pointy one)
Next I cut two pieces of grosgrain to act as belt loops (I sewed these directly into my side seams)
I used a sheer lace as my yoke, I think it makes me look saucy! Although I did have to topstitch the seams down so they wouldn't peek through!
I also had to trim my collar placket so it wouldn't peek out.
Here's me trying to show you the lace and not just give a cleveage shot.
For the tie belt I just made a rectangle although I think I might switch it for a proper belt next time.
All my button holes went in smoothly! which never happens so YAY!
I think it's a good summer dress length although I can see me wearing it in winter with tights and a long sleeved top!
All in all I love it! Everything came together nicely! Next time I think I might try and flare the extension from the hip for a more 50's feel!