Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Full Clemence skirt!

Here's my full clemence skirt from love at first stitch! Basically for this one I used full pattern pieces and didn't just squeeze it from the bare minimum of fabric! 

Disclaimer- aware posing, terrible lighting and spectacles, I've had a spot of conjunctivitis becuase of my cold, apparently it's quite common in people who wear glasses.


I squeezed it from the last if my brodiere anglaise fabric. That I also used for my mimi blouse which means I can pair them together and they kind of look like a dress!


The lace you can see peeking out is my slip the fabric of the skirts a bit thin so I have to wack a slip in or I'll be showing my under garments to the world.



It's lovely and full skirted it sort if makes me feel like a ballerina!!! 


And my zips are getting better! Now I fully intended to do French seams on this and I did but them I attached the waistband on the wrong way round, so rather than undo my waistband and stitch in the ditching I just unpicked one side of the French seam! 

It was actually a pretty good way of correcting the mistake! Ever cloud eh! 

Much love 

Frankie

Xx



4 comments:

  1. Just been having a good old catch up on your blog and you seriously need to teach me some of your sewing skills!! I'm useless when it comes to sewing, I can just about sew a button back on! You've done a great job with this skirt :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It's easier than it looks! X

      Delete
  2. WOW great outfit love the skirt and the lace from your slip showing so sexy

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x