Thursday 19 February 2015

First ever trousers!

I should probably mention this is the third time I've tried to write this post! 

Anyway after being inspired by the great British sewing bee, I decided to try and make trousers. 

I've never made trousers before, pjs yes but I generally don't wear them outside of the house, unless you count that time we all had to flu and I have to do a midnight run to tesco to pick up medicine and on that occasion I was just glad that I didn't collapse in the aisle. 

But anyway here's my effort! I used the free pattern from sew magazines January issue it's simplicity k1699. 


To be honest I'm not sure about them, I can't decide if I look fabulously retro or like a 70 year old woman on a cruise, (before she finished the sherry and tries to seduce the captain)



I think I prefer them rolled up? It seems more youthful? 


Alterations wise I took a 1cm of each side seam for a better fit and did nothing with the crotch area (giggles) as it all seemed to fit quite well and I didn't want to ruin it by trying to make it better. 


Another change I made was to do a back zip instead of a side zip. My side zip wasn't really working and I only had a black one to hand. 


All in all I think they are okay apart from the fabric. I used a rose coloured cotton that I inherited in my grandmas stash. I kind if like the colour (maybe I wish it was a lil darker?) but it creases like no ones business! Seriously sat down for ten minutes and suddenly my backside has more wrinkles than a pugs face! 

So all in all I think I like them (and momma and poppa Knitwit think they are cool) I am not however looking forward to ironing them! 

Much love

Frankie

Xxx

4 comments:

  1. Much better rolled up! I think they look very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I'm loving the bright colour! Perfect for summer! X

      Delete
  2. Nix the high heels. They look silly with tailored trousers,especially rolled up. Go for something flat and fabulous like Lauren Bacall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a bit of Lauren Bacall! Might havd to invest in another pair of flats! Oh more shoes what's a girl to do! X

      Delete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x