Thursday 27 November 2014

Baby dungarees!

Okay so I wanted a quick project for today, I needed something completely mindless to work on. 

I turned to this pattern from the great British sewing bees "sew your own wardrobe" 


I've never actually sewn anything from this book (I traced a pattern and realised I didn't have enough fabric and tried the eek the fabric and basically wasted my fabric and time) 

Anyway the patterns sheets look like this 


Like an acid trip from the eighties , not that I was alive in the eighties , or have ever had an acid trip come to think of it. 

Anyway after a lil tiny bit of swearing I finally found all the peices and traced the little sod! 


Three pieces isn't too much work! 


This is the fabric I chose for the main body, I have no idea what it's called as it's from my grandmas stash, but I like it becuase it looks like bacteria. I like fun fabrics for babies! Can't stand it when lil children look like adults they should be comfy and FREE!!!! 


I followed most of the instructions regarding the sewing of the seams! 


I hemmed the armholes and much to my surprise found that placing the pins this was worked far better on the curves! 

Then I used bias binding (which I made myself- insert smug face) for the crotch area and the legs. 

Now here's my problem, I need to add buttons, but I'm stuck on which ones to use!!!! 


Funky red gingham? 

(Oh yeah I forgot to mention the pocket I added at the front!)


Green spotty? 


Green gingham? 


Green khaki? 


Black? 

I'm totally lost!!!! I think it's a hard fabric to work with because it's so busy (to be honest there's a small part of me that thinks it might be a little bit hideous!).

Anyway what have I learnt:
•bias binding is easier than I thought
•ironing makes everything easier! 
•some fabrics work better for children than adults! 
•tracing pattern pieces is never as painful as I think it's going to be! 

Anyway what do you think about buttons! ???

Much love

Frankie

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x