Tuesday 21 July 2015

Little Lamb Wool - Part Two, Baby Gift Set

So I've officially finished my first project for my LittleLambWool review!

And its turned out better than I could have hoped!

For this project I used the Peter Pan Merino baby DK that I was sent, and not only was I able to make the baby booties that I originally wanted to make I was also able to make a little matching hat!


First I'll talk about the wool, its beautiful to knit with doesn't snap and has a fantastic springy quality making it perfect for little babies to snuggle in!


The pattern I used for the booties was this one from all free knitting.


The booties are mainly knitted in garter stitch but have a lil bit of stocking stitch as a nice feature. I'd say these booties are a perfect project for beginner knitters due to the simplicity and as a bonus they are also super quick to knit up! I think in total these took me about an hour for both?


I added little felt hearts to the sole, this is a great way of personalising simple booties. I've used this technique before on a pair of unblogged booties, but that time I also stitched on the surname of the baby.


Using the rest of the wool I quickly knitted up a basic hat (me and Mr Knitwit had great fun trying to remember how big babies heads are! Its surprising hard when you don't have one in front of you) I simply turned up the bottom edge of the hat to make a little brim and carefully tacked it down at four points so it wouldn't come undone.


I embellished the hat with two pom pom ears using a grey wool from my stash and a little bear face made up from felt and buttons! TOP TIP : stitch the buttons to the felt circles before you stitch the circles to the hat, it's far easier the position everything and leaves a neater finish!


Here's a rather awkward picture of the hat on the only round thing I could find, I promise it looks far cuter on a baby!

All in all I'm super please with the project and I think it makes a perfect baby gift (and who doesn't love a handmade baby gift!)

I knitted the whole set on size 4mm needles, to make sure they matched properly and used every last scrap of wool!

and remember if you'd like to make something similar all you haver to do is pop over to littlelambwool and purchase this wool, which at £3.45 is an absolute steal! And it comes in fourteen colours so you can personalise to the sex of the baby.

Much Love

Frankie

xxx

Disclaimer: Although these items were sent to me free, all opinions are my own. I would never provide good reviews for items I myself would not use, as a teacher once told me I'm honest almost to a fault!









1 comment:

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x