Tuesday 5 January 2016

The pink suit - book review

Sometimes you hear about a book and you know you have to read it. That's how I felt about "the pink suit" by Nicole Mary kelby. 

Luckily for me my sister and her husband brought it for me for Christmas! 

It follows the story of an Irish seamstress living in New York , who is asked to make the famous pink suit that Jackie Kennedy wore when her husband was shot! 

Well I presume its Jackie Kennedy, the person the suit is being made for is only ever called "the wife" 


I first came to hear about the book on Karen's blog, where you can also read an excerpt- http://didyoumakethat.com/2015/09/05/made-up-quotes-nicole-mary-kelby/

As soon as I read the excerpt I knew I wanted to read the book, even if the main story was dull I knew I would really enjoy the descriptions of sewing techniques and fabrics!

I'm not sure how much someone who doesn't enjoy sewing would enjoy the book, there's a lot of talk of basteing, and fitting and whilst you don't need sewing knowledge I do think that the best written parts of the book are about dressmaking. 

All in all I think it's a wonderful book! I loved the sewing descriptions and the romance plot is very good too. It's quite hard to write a review without giving it all away, but I'd say it's definitely worth a read. I finished it in about 3 days of casual reading. 

Have you read the pink suit? 

Much love

Frankie 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x