Monday 24 April 2017

Marshmallow Blanket

Me and Lil man just had an argument about whether we should listen to Johnny Cash or the Beach Boys on the record player....... He only ever wants the beach boys. I swear if that kid doesn't come back with someone called Barbra Ann I'm gonna eat my hat. 


But on the plus side I did finished this blanket this week. Yes its another baby blanket and yes its another diagonal one. Because if it ain't broke don't fix it!


As it goes I hated knitting this. I remembered about ten rows in that I HATE knitting with fluffy wool. It sheds, its slips its just a big ol pain in the bum. I did preserve though. Mainly because I wasn't 100% happy with the blanket in my latest hamper so I needed to replace it. 


As it goes this one ended up a bit wonky but I think that's just the stretch in the wool [bloody fluffy wool] and hopefully it'll go down after a few washes. And lets face it new babies are gross and tend to vom/poop on everything so it should get a lot of washes!


I knitted the whole thing up on my prym ergonomic knitting needles and I think they helped with the whole I HATE FLUFFY WOOL thing! Especially the hooks on the end to stop stitches dropping off!

Its is soft and squishy though. Like snuggling a baby kitten!

Much Love

Frankie 

follow me on instagram 
follow me on bloglovin 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! If i had the patience i'd make a grownup one!

      Delete
  2. It does not look like that you don't like working with fluffy wool. You have created a wonderful piece. However, you are right that it is difficult to work with fluffy wool as it slips in hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thankyou , lckily the knitting needles I was using help with the slipping! x

      Delete
  3. Hi, new follower here.
    Working on something you don't like is the biggest challenge! But its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x