I love a pattern hack as you may of gathered and I really love a stash busting pattern hack!
Okay so the pattern is the Tilly and the buttons coco dress pattern but the short top version, with the long sleeves and the cuffs [but not turned up] and then for some extra jazzyness I added a hood by copying the one off my dressing gown and a pocket I copied off one of Rikkis hoodies.
Now due to this being a stash busting project I had to do some colour blocking because I didn't have a enough of one fabric. So the body and the bottom of the sleeves and the trim around the hood are all done in a poly knit that I found in a bargain bin at abakhans .
And then the cuffs, the pocket and the hood + the hood extension [because guess who cut their hood too small!] are done in a marl grey ponte de roma from Minerva Crafts . I also used the marl grey to make the tops of the sleeves because I didn't have enough of the poly knit to do the whole sleeve. Funnily enough this ended up being one of my favourite features and I'll definitely be doing it again.
It took about 2 1/2 hours to make from cutting out the finishing. I Sewed all of the seams on my over locker including stetting in the sleeves and adding the cuffs. I used my regular machine for all the top stitching on the pocket and the hems.
All in all I love how it turned out, Its slim fitting enough to wear under my coat for the school run but warm enough to keep me toasty!
I love the kangaroo pocket at the front, Its not exactly functional but I think it add a ready to wear feel to it and I've been using it to carry my phone around in!
Mainly I just love how beautifully it all came together! I'm definitely going to make another one although this time I think I'd like to make one in this striped ponte de roma from girl charlee but using this aztec print from girl charlee for the accents like the hood and pocket.
P.s Happy 1st of December! SANTA'S ON HIS WAY!!!!!