Sunday 12 August 2018

Summer Holiday Catch Up!

I've not been getting much done because #summerholidays ! I'm loving spending time with the boys though! In fact we are *hopefully* going camping tomorrow [I've said no to camping in wet weather but Rikki still seems to think it will be "fun". I think hes forgetting who gets to dry the tent and wash all the muddy clothes afterwards.] So I thought I might do a catch up of whats been happening! 


Well first lets talk about this little fella!!!!! I was given this beauty a few days ago by a friend and I am BUZZING about fixing it up. Its very similar to my other hand crank but this one is basically in tact. So far as I can tell there's nothing missing but it does need a lot of TLC. The machine itself just has some rust but the decals seem to be fairly intact. I've been dosing it with machine oil and its easier to crank now. Next Ill work on getting rid of the rest of the rust and trying to open up the shuttle compartment.


The box was covered in paint and dust. The above picture is actually after I'd wiped all the dust off, I couldn't wait to get started! Luckily for me the paint must have been water based because I've gotten most of it off with a damp cloth. I've started removing the rust from the handle and then hopefully the box will go off to Rikki's Grandad to be glued back together.

Its going to take a long time but I'm hoping to get it working enough that its usable. And by the laws of sewing machine gifting if he ever needs curtains hemming or trousers taking up I'll do them with no grumbling.

The day after I got the sewing machine we spent a day at the Crocky Trail with Lil man and our neighbours. I've never been and I absolutely loved it!!!!!! I'd say its well worth a visit if your in the Cheshire area and even if your not I'd still make the trip.


I've sewn up a stella hoodie. I got the pattern in the #greatbigpatternswap I ended up cutting out one day and sewing it up a few days later when time allowed. Hopefully next I'll be able to find some time to take some pictures of it on!


But just because I'm taking a break from my sewing machine doesn't mean I've been sat on my backside. Well I have but you have to for hand sewing there's really no other option!

I've started another blanket. This one I'm called my crap scrap hexy quilt because its going to be made from just scraps!!! It's probably going to look like an awful mess because of all the random fabrics but its going to be the project I take camping and then hopefully it'll be the quilt I take camping. Ideally I want it to cover me but who knows how big I'll go!!!!!!

And that's it really. I had a quick visit to the fabric shop with another friend so he could pick out a background for the quilt I'm making him but we were very quick and I made sure not to look at other fabrics!!!

And here's a pupdate!

- Polly has continued to settle in nicely and definitely looks more at home
-shes currently in possession of 5 handmade blankets. Two knitted and 3 quilts.
- Shes very nearly stopped growling at Rikki
- We happily go for a mile long walk [I mean she takes a big nap afterwards but hopefully we can build on this until shes trotting around no bother]
- We've changed her food from wet and dry to just wet. It made sense because she was always leaving the wet food and scoffing down the dry.
- she's learnt to sit [For treats, no seriously if you ask her without a treat in your hand she looks at you as if you have two heads!]

Right so that's me all caught up!

I best go and finish packing for our camping trip!

Wish me good weather!!!

Much Love

Frankie

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x