Sunday 19 August 2018

Scissor review - Prima tailoring sheers , £5.50

Dressmaking scissors can run from the cheap and cheerful to the frankly extortionate and its Sally hard to now whether you should splash out or if there's cheaper options out there that are just as good.

So I thought I'd try and test as any different price ranges and brands of scissors as I can so you can hopefully find the right pair for you! 


For starters at under a tenner they don't exactly break the bank do they? Which as for someone as stingy as me s always a bonus! Particularly seen as I know that at some point either Rikki will use them to cut paper/sellotape or I'll loose them. (I loose scissors all the dammed time, I'm currently missing 4 pairs of scissors in the house!)


I ordered them from amazon and they came with free delivery. 

They are 9.5inches long and its got a zinc alloy handle for comfort. They are also a rather fetching rose gold which makes the millennial in me swoon. And they've got pretty banging reviews which is why I thought id give them a whirl.


So what did I think of them? Well lets put it this way, they are currently my main scissor. Now as ridiculous as that sounds, i have a LOT of scissors and the fact that I always reach for these ones mean they are pretty banging. They are sharp the entire length including the tip and have been cutting through cottons, silks and wools like they are butter. 

I honestly didn't expect such a good pair of scissors for just over 5 quid. The handle is comfortable and even after a solid 2 hour cutting out session [I'm making another quilt an its a lot of squares] I didn't have any blisters and my hand didn't feel uncomfortable or sore. 

The only down side I can see so far is that sometimes they don't meet if you've got them on a funny angle. I can't really explain it better than that sorry but its something to do with the two nubby bits on the handle hitting each other instead of sliding past? 

But other than that I would say they are a brillant budget scissor! 

In other news:

- we had a great time camping, complete with a 5 mile walk and a trip to a castle.

- Rikki has helped another friend of ours move into his first house! 

- I've still not taken any blog pictures but they most recent makes are already on wardrobe rotation. 

- I've got my vintage machine running and SEWING!!!! so I'll pop on a blog post about giving vintage machines a new lease of life at some point. 

But right now I have a BANGING headache so I'm going to cook tea and then get myself off to bed! 

Much Love 

Frankie 

xxx 

p.s I brought these scissors with my own money , but I will also be reviewing scissors that I've gifted or won. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x