Tuesday 18 September 2018

My Sewing Related Birthday Gifts!

I've just sat down to type this and realised I haven't photographed two of my crafty related presents because I'm a moron. So in the interest of me not going back downstairs my friends Steve and Ellie also got me some wool and a book on embroidered flowers! 

So it was my birthday on Saturday!!!!! Yay I kept it pretty low key this year, we had drinks with friends on Friday and then the Saturday was mainly relaxing and eating pizza. I was planning on seeing my mum and dad on the Monday BUT i woke up feeling really under the weather and cancelled and instead they came this morning! 

Which works well for two reasons 
1. If i felt ill today they could take lil man to school for me,
2. I got to see them!

As it goes I felt a lot better this morning so after we had dropped lil man off, we walked the dog and went for a lil look in our local shopping centre and had tea and cake. I went for chocolate fudge cake and mum chose carrot cake, which I refuse to think of as a cake because it has carrots in so its more of a five a day thing.....

Anyway here's what they got me. Everything is from my previous "gift for sewists post" so I'm not going to put links here because I don't want to be googling how much things cost. 


Scissors! 

Ive already had these out the box and they seem pretty good! Naturally they will be featuring on one of my scissor review blog posts! 


Finally a tshirt to wear with all of my me made skirts!!! Cannot wait to wear this! 


Wrist ruler! I have wanted one of these for absolutely ages!!! I've had it on all day and I can happily report that its comfortable to wear and  the measurements are accurate.


 It is however an absolute pain in the backside to take pictures of your own hand without it looking like a claw! So I ended up holding some scissors! 


Button gauge, I mean an actual freaking button gauge! *Immediately runs to make all the things with buttons!*

I've not really been in the mood for sewing at the moment but getting these gifts has given me some motivation to get stuff done and to start making things again! I mean I can;t leave all that fabric languishing in a cupboard now can I? It'll get lonely and think no one loves it! 

Whats the best sewing gift you've ever received ????

Much Love 

Frankie 


4 comments:

  1. I became two years ago for Christmas a Janome Coverstich from my husband.
    I never expected it. A dream came true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen a button gauge! Will have to google it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth buying if you hate measuring button holes x

      Delete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x