I found myself taping together a PDF pattern yesterday and as usual I found myself swearing and grumping the whole time!
Now I HATE them, but some people seem to LOVE them so I thought I;d make a list of reasons I hate them in case anyone can give me some tips to make it easier so I can start to love them!
1. I have to save them on my computer. Which basically means I'm banishing it to the depths of hell. I can pretty much guarantee as soon as I save something I can never find it again ever!!!
2. Then I have to print it. Now maybe its just me but my printer HATES me! Like Rikki wants to print something and its fine but as soon as I want to print its like "eh nah?". It needs ink, it needs paper, it needs aligning, It doesn't know what it needs but its not happy. The dammed thing drives me CRAZY.
3. They use a lot of paper. Now I wouldn't consider myself a hard core environmentalist but I hate wasting paper and huge amounts of paper are wasted printing off pdf patterns. I for one never print the instructions because it seems like a waste. [Although thinking about it their is also a lot of waste with paper patterns!]
4. I have to tape it together. Now this poses two problems for me. One I have to find the sellotape which is pretty hard because for some reason my house is the place sellotape comes to hide and two no matter how carefully I cut and stick the bloody thing always ends up wonky and that the lines don't match up.
5. After I've spent lord knows how long trying to get those lines to match up and taped it together, I then have to cut it all up...... Facepalms. Everything that I spent ages making straight its now in a big pile on the floor waiting for the bin.
6. Then I finally get to sew it which is OBVIOUSLY the fun part but after that I have to fold up sheets of paper which are way more bulky than tissue paper.
7. AND PDFS patterns are still pretty expensive to say you have to do most of the work!
So do you love or hate patterns?