Friday 9 February 2018

Fabulous Frocks - The Little Black Dress

I've got 3 makes that need photographing, a pile of ironing to do and I need to put some more music on my Ipod before I take the train to Birmingham next week. 

But instead I'm sat on the sofa watching Derry Girls and drinking hot chocolate. 

So instead of doing something productive I thought I'd show you the book I got for Xmas!


This the the Fabulous Frocks Little Black Dress Book by Dolin Bliss O'Shea. I got it for Christmas from one of our best friends. He got me this and a picture book that documents the life of Coco Chanel.


The books comes with full sized patterns which you have to trace and each pattern comes with a variation. So for example the one above is the regular Liza Minelli version but the variation is for a long sleeved version which looks a lot like DVF.


The Audrey Hepburn dress above is my absolute favourite, in fact I've already made this dress [minus the bows because they just looked a bit daft on me] and the variation. Both of which need photographing! but if you head over to my instagram you can see a sneak peek.


This Joan Crawford might be the next one that I make!


I love this Coco Chanel dress but I;m not sure It would suit me, or if I'd even wear it a lot. 

All in all I'd say this book was an excellent Xmas present and I'm chuffed to bits with it. The sizing seems to be pretty spot on, I measured as a size small and both of my dresses fit properly with minimal alterations. 

So this book is worth a buy if you want to make some iconic frocks!

Hopefully I'll pull my finger out and get some outfit pictures done soon!

Much Love 

Frankie 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x