Okay so fitting is the bane if every dressmakers life. I mean it's all well and good if you've got a handy second person to help you but what if your alone? Or what if the second person doesn't know what their doing?
So here's a post about all the thoughts that go through my head when I'm fitting........
It's time to fit.........
• I should have basted the seams.... Why didn't I baste the seams. If I have to unlock them I'll scream.
• am I wearing the right pants for this dress? (I can guarantee that I am not wearing the right pants)
• changes knickers
• how on earth do I pin the back seam?
• folds self like a pretzel
• where's the mirror? I need a mirror?
• whys it so loose? Is it meant to be this loose?
• checks pattern.........HOW MUCH EASE????????
• Takes a few inches off the seams
• puts dress back on....
.• can't breathe...... CANNOT BREATHE
• Maybe it's my pants......
• puts on big scary stomach sucking in pants and bra that makes Pamela Anderson jealous
• are the darts in the right place? Surely my boobs don't look like that?
• dress fits
• why did I choose this fabric? Do I like this fabric? Oh it was on sale.....what a nice fabric!!
• that hems quite long? I'll take off an inch or two
• hems dress...
• oh hello pants! Gosh that's a bit short... Maybe I shouldn't have cut it? I'll have to do a smaller hem..
• finishes dress, shows husband "it's alright"
• necks a bottle of rose
Who else hates fitting projects to themselves?