Saturday 8 October 2016

Flamingo Print Baby Dungarees

I'll start off by saying I have a cold, yep I'm less than a week from the wedding and currently my face resembles rudolph. Naturally I'm equal parts furious and grouchy but I'm trying to stay positive. After all a sickness bug has been making its way around nursery last week, so things could be worse [Touches all of the wood so things don't get worse]


Anyway your not here to read about how crappy I'm feeling are you? No your here to see the most adorable pair of baby dungarees their is.


These are for my new not quite born yet niece/nephew [the babies going to be a surprise until its pops itself into the world!] Now the problem with the whole not knowing if its a kyle or a kylie is that everything I make for the hamper needs to be unisex.

Flamingos are unisex right? I tried to go with a slightly more boyish look as a base because you can always make things look girly with accessories like tights.


Right so details, the pattern is from the second GBSB book, Its one of the smaller sizes and I fully lined it so there would be no nasty seams scratching brand new baby skin. The sides and the bottom are closed with press studs for easy nappy changes etc. The two shoulder straps are fully attached with the buttons, So they are none functioning but I don't see that as an issue.


The crotch area is finished with a strip of bias binding and the leg holes are just fold over hems.



I love the little fold in detail on the shoulder straps, especially because it shows the spotty lining I brought. 


I used the same spotty fabric to make the super cute pocket!!! 


And the best part is how adorable it looks with some of the other things I have already made!!!!

Much Love

Frankie

xxx

7 comments:

  1. It's very sweet Frankie and I love the fabric too. Hope you feel better soon for your big day. Wishing you all the very best of luck and enjoy it all. Have you made lil man an outfit? Oh, forgot for a minute. You're keeping mum until afterwards. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lil man is wearing the same outfit as his daddy and the best men! xxx

      Delete
  2. Those dungerees are the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are just so cute!! I love the prints and the pattern is so clever, especially with the turn ups on the straps to show off the lining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the straps might be my favourite part!!! x

      Delete
  4. They are so cute! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x