Monday 21 January 2019

The Unicorn Tshirt Dress

Well this is one of those projects that falls halfway between brilliant and hideous!


On the one hand its a dress covered in unicorns and rainbows which makes it pretty bloody awesome. on the other hand the length and colours make me look like an over grown toddler. 

Now I have no issue in dressing like a toddler, I'm a huge fan of pigtails and what I'm wearing now could only really be described as a party dress.....

BUT 

Is this just a bit too much?

The fabric is from the craft cotton company and is one of their lovely jerseys. I can personally vouch for how well they wash , my jersey items take quite a beating in the washer but they always come out looking as good as new.


The pattern is the peak tshirt dress from wendy wards book. However its the longer length [hence making it a dress] and I lowered the neckline slightly. Although apparently not enough because it still looks very high on these pictures.


In fact looking at these pictures I'm wondering if 1] it might be more of a summer dress or 2] that maybe I should just hack it down into a tshirt???

What do you think?


Construction wise I used my over locker for most of it and just used my regular machine for top stitching. Its really quick to put together and is perfect for one of those no thinking required sewing sessions. 

Anyone else have those? Where they NEED to make something but don't actually have the brain power or the energy to do something complicated....... Just me? Okay........


So what do we think? Do I try it for the summer or do I say screw it and cut it down so I can wear it with jeans ????? 

In other news! 

I'm feeling pretty good? 

I finally got back onto my [backup] sewing machine last night and although its not exactly running smoothly its better than nothing. Anyway I made a pretty dress and I'm wearing it today. I'd forgotten how much a new dress can perk up my mood and I'm already planning my next project.

I've added about 2 hexies to my hexy quilt.......Yeah its sort of on the back burner at the minute.

I've started reading the witches by Roald Dahl. Yes I know its a kids book but its such a nice easy read and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy his writing. 

I also had some very good news recently which perked me up a lot. 

Much Love 

Frankie 

xxx





2 comments:

  1. The fabric would have made super cute pjs :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is pretty awesome. I need to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x