Thursday 28 September 2017

10 Books I'd Recommend Reading

Okay so I know its a bit of a jump from my usual posts but we're all friends here right!? And if I saw you every day I'd be talking your ears off about what books I've been reading lately!

Plus a few of you said you'd like some recommendations and lets be honest with winter coming there is nothing better than snuggling up with a good book and a glass of wine!



Okay so when the telly series came out I couldn't stop talking about this book, and believe me when I say, IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Its also a huge wake up call for how things can happen in the government without regular people knowing! 



If your like a bit of drama and mystery and a killer twist then this book is for you! And not only does it get the Frankie seal of approval but my Mum and Sister loved it too!


The Pink Suit by [Kelby, Nicole Mary]

I've mentioned this book before but it documents the making of a "pink suit" for the "first lady" of the united states, and she happens to be wearing the suit when her "husband dies" [coughs,, Jackie O] Its a lovely story very easy to read with some great descriptions of how they made the suit!



Its a huge step away from Jk Rowlings usual subject matter of witches and Wizards but boy is it good! It focuses on the election for a local council seat and how it affects the people standing for it and those around them! She writes the characters so brilliantly that I was hooked from beginning to end! Its also very funny!



Set during the reign of Henry the 8th the books tells the story of Anne Boleyn's sister "the other Boleyn girl" Its a great book if your a bit of a history nerd like me! But a word of advice? Don't watch the film its naff!



This is another book about sewing! It's a dark comedy about a girl coming home as a successful seamstress and taking revenge on a whole town! The film of this isn't actually too awful once you get past the age difference between Kate Winslet and Liam Hemsworth.



This book is pretty dark and kind of heart breaking, but its beautifully written to say it deals with such a sad subject matter. It tells the story of a young girl who's just been murdered and now watches her family and how they try and cope with the aftermath WARNING: You may need tissues!



Its a book about chocolate what more can I say? Its a great story about a lady coming to town and winning them over with chocolate! BUT it will make you hungry definitely keep a bar or two of chocolate next to you reading this! 
p.s DEFINITELY watch the film!!!! Johnny Depp plays a lovable rogue and he is just all kinds of sexy!!!!!!! 



If you love fashion then this is a great book for giving you some insight into how the industry works! Its also funny and heartwarming! [The book is far better than the film!] To be honest I think its the book that made me realise I wouldn't be able to cut it in the fashion industry!



This is by far one of my favourite books ever and makes me cry like a baby every dammed time! [So embarrassing when your on a long haul flight to America!!!] The book is all about how people actions have consequences and how not everything is always what it seems! The film has James McAvoy in it and I think he's a bit yummy so I;m biased but its a pretty decent film, Its got nowt on the book but James McAvoy is shirtless at one point so ya know every cloud! 


In other news:

Life's a bit crap at the moment, hence the slightly random post. One of our friends sadly passed away this week and its come as quite the shock and I think we are all still dealing with it. I don't really want to put too much because I'll just start crying again but he was a long time friend and a lovely bloke. 

Its made me really sad and I just sort of want to sit and be for a bit before I try and get back to "normal" not that I can see their ever being a proper "normal"again. 

Much Love 

Frankie 






2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you'll have time with friends and family to grieve.
    Thank you for the list. I've read about half of them so I've got a few new books to add to my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I hope you enjoy the books as much as I did! X

      Delete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x