Tuesday 26 February 2019

Crop top in Stuart Hillard Kimono Fabric

GUYS!!!! I TOOK BLOG PHOTOS!!! 

Yep today I took a trek to my mums house armed with 13 projects that needed photographing and then I moved her sofa and forced her to take photos of me for an hour and a half. 

And she spent half of the time making me giggle hysterically! 


But onto the make! This is a crop top *well duh Frankie* 

I made it because I only had a teeny piece of  this kimono fabric by Stuart Hillard for the Craft Cotton Company and because I needs a top I could shove on for yoga. 

The print is some adorable flowers and I think combined with the style of the top it all ended up looking a bit 90's which I love. 


My mum spent about five minutes tucking the band of bra under the band of the crop top!

I used the free pattern Noelle from Madalynnes website but made a few changes such as making it a halterneck. Its actually the same pattern that I used for my bikini back in June.  


I did all of the main sewing on my over locker and then just did the top stitching on my regular machine. I pretty much had to drag it through my sewing machine to be honest as it was on the blink so its not the most beautiful top stitching. 

I'm hoping to get both of my machines serviced soon and then they should be back in full working order. At the moment I have one that won't sew and one that won't sew jersey. Realistically I could get my 1950's singer out because shes not scared of anything but I always have a swearing fit when I'm trying to thread it and I'm not sure I need the stress!


Anyway! I love this top! I've worn it loads for mooching about the house and Its sort of become and unofficial bra. You know for the weekends when you want to let the twins hang free but you also don't want to scare the parcel delivery guy.... or the pizza delivery guy! This top gives enough support to be decent without being uncomfortable. 

But in other news!!!! 

- Umm I don't really have much news? I'm enjoying summer and I'm hoping to get some sewing done tomorrow. 

- I'm watching the GBSB and now I want a pair of flares

-  The warmer weather has made me abandon my knitting! 

Much Love 

Frankie 

xxx 

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful "unofficial weekend bra"! Now I'm thinking I may need one! Isn't taking a huge batch of blog photos all at once the best? I dragged my sister outside last Sunday afternoon and had her take a few hundred pictures of me when all was said and done! At least 8 garments photographed so I think I'm set on blog content for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! And my momma did such a good job bless her little heart!!!
      definitely make yourself a weekend bra you won't regret it!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Once I tried to make a sportsbra for my daughter and made a total mess. So much tiny pieces. I ripped and ripped.... You made a great job

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x