Tuesday 20 November 2018

A Very Lippy Tshirt - New Look K6217



I do have a bit of a reputation in my family as being very loud!!! 

What can I say I grew up in a very very LOUD family!!!!! 

In fact we had a family day this weekend and I had forgotten how much noise we can all make when we are all together!!! That said it was lovely seeing everyone and having a good old catchup!


So onto my make! This has actually been made for months! I've got quite the collection of makes still waiting to be blogged about and an even bigger pile of ones that need to be photographed!!! 

So I got this fabric at the Abakhans fill a bag sale [The first one I went to] and I mainly picked it up because of the print of lips. 

I was hoping there might be enough for a dress but their wasn't so I've had to settle for a top.


This New look K6217 top pattern has become quite a firm favourite with me for smaller pieces of fabric. I don't actually wear them very often but its nice to have a few me made tshirts on hand to pair with skirts and trousers. In fact I'm wearing a spotty one right now with a me made pencil skirt. [Fun fact: I should have added a back vent to the pencil skirt because I'm really struggling to walk anywhere quickly in it! In fact the steps to school were a bit difficult today!!!]


Theres not really a lot I can say about fit because its meant to be quite loose and baggy but I do find it looks better tucked in. The only alteration I might make to the pattern is to lengthen it slightly so its easier to tuck in. 

Construction wise I sewed the side seams and shoulder seams on my over locker and did the back seam and hems on my regular machine so the opening at the back would sit nicely. 

For the hems I went round the edges with my over locker and then folded them over twice. This is a technique I use for all of my hems on floaty fabrics because the overlocked edge give you something stable to turn over and keeps your hem a uniform width.  


In other news!!!! 

I've finally joined the rest of the crowd and watched the crown, which I really enjoyed and now I'm dreaming of tweeds and cardigans for the winter months. 

I've done no more knitting on my miette cardigan and in fact I'm quite tempted to rip the whole thing back and use the wool on something else as I'm not quite loving how its turning out. 

I've done no more on my crochet blanket or my hexy blanket either!!! 

What I have been doing its lots of sewing projects that take time and attention and I'm really enjoying my new bout of slow sewing! Although at the rate I'm going blogging and photographing projects you probably won't see them for another six months!!!! 

Much Love

Frankie 

xxx



3 comments:

  1. I make loads of these tops and it works with stretch fabrics too if you go down a size. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love catching up on your blog. Great for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x